Holiday Events and Activities
DELIGHT IN THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT OF BLUE MOUNTAIN
The most festive time of the year is here. Join us throughout December for family joy, great shopping, and plenty of activities to help you delight in the season!
Find the perfect gift for everyone on your list with extended holiday shopping hours.
- 10am-9pm starting December 17-23!
- December 24 – 10am to 5pm
- December 25 – noon to 5pm
- December 26-30 - 10am to 9pm
- December 31 – 10am to 7pm
- January 1 – noon to 7pm
- January 2-7 – 10am to 9 pm
FIREWORKS AT BLUE
For a little holiday celebration, watch the fireworks with us:
- 8pm Saturday nights in December (including Christmas Eve) over the Mill Pond
- 9:30pm & 12am Fireworks New Year’s Eve, over the Mill Pond/Mountain
Get in the holiday spirit with our top festive favorites:
- Horse & wagon rides
- Saturdays & Sundays in December (excluding December 25) and January
- Daily, December 26 - January 8
- Santa at the Bandstand
- December 3, 17, 10: 1-4PM
- December 22 & 23: 4-7PM
- Story time with holiday elf: December 24 & 25, 8-8:30PM
- Strolling carolers throughout Blue Mountain Village
- Scavenger Hunt
- Movies at The Westin Trillium House: Fun – age-appropriate – some Holiday-themed and some not! Open to overnight resort guests.
- December 23: 7PM
- December 24-30 & January 2-7: 3 & 7PM
- January 1: 2PM
- Morning Family Fitness at The Westin Trillium House: Keep moving over the holidays with family yoga and zumba. 8AM – 9AM.
- YOGA: December 26, 28, 30 & January 2, 4, 6
- ZUMBA: December 27, 29 & January 3, 5
- Pizza & Plunge! Plunge Aquatic Centre: Daily over the break 5pm-8pm. $25 drop off fee, please call to reserve (705) 444-8705
- Groove Dancing - Put on your dancing shoes and join in on the fun in the Village Plaza on December 26, 28, 30 & January 2, 4, 6.
- Crock A Doodle - Crock a Doodle is the perfect place to gather for hands on fun that the whole family will love. Reconnect with your creative side as you paint and play. Make meaningful memories, celebrate special occasions and create one of kind gifts!
- Glama Gal Tween Boutique - Blue Mountain Village’s Tween boutique offering spa package, manicures, pedicures, doll services & more. Join in the Holiday PJ Party on December 23, 26-30 & January 2-7.
- Live Music at The Westin Trillium House, Blue Mountain - Don't miss live music entertainment in our lobby from 7-9PM on December 26, 28, 30 & January 2, 4, 6
Blue Mountain Base Camp Attractions: Head to Activity Central to get your tickets to the Ridge Runner Mountain Coaster*, The Plunge! Aquatic Centre, Skating on the Millpond*, Hike N' Tube*, and the indoor family activity room.
Travel Tip: Purchase a Winter Active Pack including 5 tickets to be used at your discretion to access Base Camp Attractions. $55+HST per guest. Blue Mountain Base Camp attraction tickets and Active Packs can be purchased at our front desk.
*weather and conditions permitting
iwaSPA Restorative Yoga-Hot Yoga offered daily right here in the Village! The studio is limited to 10 per class, pre-registration is highly recommended. Book online (click the “Class Schedule” tab) or by phone (705) 293-2492.
Smash Ping Pong & Niteclub – open daily 10am: SMASH is Blue Mountain’s first and only Ping Pong Club. We offer 4 Olympic standard ping pong tables that guests may rent out and play. We offer an extensive Beverage Menu, and a delicious Snacks Menu. Enjoy the big games on our 2 giant projector screens. Open daily at noon until the party comes to an end! Friday and Saturday’s we roll away the tables at 10pm for SMASH Niteclub!
Columbia Guided Snowshoe - weekends at 10:30AM: Join in Canada’s fastest growing sport and try snowshoeing with a Guide. Available every Saturday and Sunday at 10:30am at the main Columbia store in the Village Plaza (adult store not the kids store). Please come a few minutes early ready to move (water bottle and layered clothing suggested). Rentals are also available at Activity Central located in the Guest Services building at the base of Blue Mountain (main Village entrance). Approximate hike time is 1.5 hours at a gentle pace.
Tennis drop in & clinics, $, call to reserve (705) 445-0231
Hear from our guests about their stay from 349 verified guest reviews
85%of our guests
recommend this hotel
Save space in your vehicle. No need to pack your stroller. This hotel has 3 strollers to choose from, well used condition but functional. Strollers are located along east wall of main lobby beside the luggage carts and a transport wheelchair that I never hope to use.
Service Express Staff helped immensely with baggage, parking and entertaining my toddler while I spoke with guest services.
Our child enjoyed using the red skating supports, free of charge, while on Mill Pond. Ice was choppy when we were on the pond; maintenance staff shut down ice use to smooth it out while we were there. Luckily for us, we were finishing up anyway. Unfortunately for others, this coincided with their arrival time. I'd suggest having an option B plan and prep your children with it before you go.
There was plenty of fresh snow this week that our child happily explored. I'd suggest taking one or two extra pairs of gloves outside for their adventures. Longer gloves under the jacket sleeves is best. Our short gloves were soaked and wrists were red.
If your child likes ribs, I highly recommend the Smoked Ribs at the O&B restaurant. There are 2 rib options, we ordered the larger ribs, not the baby ribs. If your child is picky, opt to have no sauce. It's better this way than with the sauce, in our opinion. Also, if you make your order take out, request a separate box for the delicious sides of coleslaw and beans. By far, these are the best ribs that we have ever tried.
This was our second stay of 2017 and we hope to get more stay days before the snow melts. We earned Platinum status this year and the breakfast voucher is the best amenity, in our opinion, at O&B.